Saturday, September 6, 2008

Google Chrome is good

Chrome got lot of things better than other browsers. I'm not perticularly talking in terms of Technical details but the end user facing features. Some of the features go like this...

- Lots of viewing space. I really like this. Feels like you are working in a full screen mode.
- It imported almost everything from Firefox. Even the short cuts.
- Address bar suggestion is good. What I missed in Firefox was hints/suggestion for shortcut words which I have created. Chrome suggests that also. 
- It knows what I search. After using for few days in office where I was working with bugzilla, I noticed that it has put search box for bugzilla also. That is impressive.
- Memory footprint is low (though multiplies with every new tab).
- Dynamic status bar (for hovering over links, showing progress etc.) gives you more space for viewing the page.

Over all looks like a no-nonsense browser. I reallly like it. I'm sure it has lot more things to offer.

No comments: